Sunday, March 3, 2013

Portrait Drawing: Portrait 1- Post #3


I found this assignment rather difficult. It was the first time I sat in front of a mirror and tried to re-create my own facial features. I tried to capture the waves in my hair with using my pencil in a gentle rotating angel. I also tried to make my nose more life-like by shading in slightly the upper region of the nose. I think the most difficult aspect was trying to connect the objective and subjective aspects. The way one person may see my nose, or hair may not be the way I see it. I tried to pretend that the person in the mirror was not me but a friend this made it easier and less judgmental so that I could come up with a way that would better suit the drawing. I wanted to also capture the tiredness in my eyes, I did this by attempting to shade underneath a little more deeper. I think that you can capture a lot of personality through eyes and this is a very important aspect of self-portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment